Booking Information

Here we try to clarify all your questions about renting a motorhome or camper van 

What driving license do I need to drive a motorhome? 

All our motorhomes, don’t exceed 3.5T and can be driven with a Category B Licence card.

To be qualified for the insurance, you need to have more than 25 years and have a driving license for more than 3 years. 

Which documents do I need to have? 

To rent and drive a motorhome, we’re going to need a copy of your ID card and driver license.

These copies need to be sent to the insurance company. 

How can I proceed with a reservation? 

Depending on type of reservation, we may require a down payment to reserve the motorhome or, if you use any of the renting platforms, they will handle the reservation payment. 

Can I see the motorhome before making the reservation? 

If you live or are visiting Portugal, we are more than happy to show you the motorhome and clarify all your doubts.

Otherwise, we can also perform a Virtual Tour, on a WhatsApp Video Call.

Please contact us to schedule a visit or a video-call.

In what conditions should the motorhome be return? 

We deliver the motorhome with a diesel tank full, in the checkout it should also be returned with diesel tank full.

You should return the motorhome clean inside and out, with equipment totally cleaned and organized (no garbage, sand, mud, or any other waste), clean water tank full, the chemical toilet clean and empty, and the residual water deposit has to be empty, otherwise a € 75,00 cleaning fee will be applicable).

We will check if there is no damage or missing equipment. In case anything is damaged or missing the value is deducted from the security deposit amount. 

What are the schedules for picking the motorhome or returning the motorhome? 

We are very flexible about the time to checkin and checkout. Please note that we try to offer this service free of charge but, we may not have resources available. Please book as soon as possible. 

What does the insurance cover? 

Full comprehensive cover in case there is damage to the vehicle, fire, theft, glass breakage and a complete 24/7 assistance in case of breakdown or incident:

Cover is forfeited for private/recreational travel, excluding any expensive transport of persons and/or goods.

The following trips are authorized: Portugal and Spain.

If you wish to travel to France or beyond, please talk to us.

Are there any excess rates? 

The excess is a set amount and is to be paid by the renter in the event of an accident. Independently from the excess, any third-party injury will be compensated for any damage suffered.

Excess for shock, collision or knock down, theft, fire, strong winds or explosion, natural disasters, vandalism: €1.250;

Glass breakage excess (if replacement): €50. 

What should I do if I have to cancel my reservation? 

In the event that you have to cancel your reservation with us, please contact us immediately, confirming your name and the dates of your booking. According to the Terms & Conditions we will proceed with the request and any applicable refunds. 

What if I want to modify my booking after the reservation is completed? 

A change in dates, locations, motorhome, or other details will depend on the current availability and must be approved by CaravanConcierge. Additional charges may apply. However, we will always try our best to make our guests happy, so do not hesitate to contact us directly. 

Are pets allowed? Can I take my dog? 

We, at CaravanConcierge, are pet lovers and do not charge any fee to bring your dog or cat, because we know that motorhomes are the perfect way to travel with animals. However, some motorhome owners may not allow traveling with pets, so be sure to always confirm with our staff the possibility of bringing your pet during the reservation.